Buy Flagyl Online
Flagyl – a drug with antiprotozoal and antibacterial effect, intended for local use in gynecological practice. The mechanism of action of Flagyl lies in its ability to induce biochemical recovery of the 5-nitro group of metronidazole due to intracellular transport of protein cells of protozoa and anaerobic microorganisms. As a result, the synthesis of amino acids by a microorganism cell or protozoa is inhibited, and, as a result, their death.
What is Flagyl?
Flagyl has a wide range of antiprotozoal and antibacterial effects. The presented drug is highly active against many anaerobic microorganisms and sensitive strains. This is confirmed by the instructions for use to the Flagyl. As a rule, twenty percent of the drug taken into the systemic circulation. A plasma concentration of the drug is twelve percent of a single dose. The elimination half-life usually lasts up to twelve hours. The drug binds to plasma proteins in an amount of about twenty percent.
Flagyl belongs to a broad spectrum of antimicrobial drugs. More than 50 years ago, it was synthesized and released on the pharmaceutical market by the French concern Rona-Pulenk. The main active component of Flagyl metronidazole is highly active against gram–positive and gram–negative anaerobic microorganisms, spore–forming and non–spore–forming, mycoaerophiles, anaerobic cocci. By pharmacological action, the active component of Flagyl can be compared with clindamycin, a semi–synthetic antibiotic with a bactericidal and bacteriostatic effect.
High antianerobic and antiprotozoal abilities, favorable pharmacokinetics allow the use of the drug in any localization of the infectious process:
– generalized forms of anaerobic, mixed and aerobic infections, with protozoal infections and from clostridia.
– infections of nerve tissue.
– infections of the skin, soft tissues, joints, respiratory tract.
– in the combination therapy of gastrointestinal infections, intra-abdominal infections.
– infections in the pelvis and colorectal region.
– purulent–inflammatory processes associated with anaerobic infection.
– diseases of the stomach and duodenum caused by Helicobacter pylori.
Flagyl is formulated with the most dosage forms for oral, intravenous, rectal, intravaginal and local use.
What are the contraindications for taking?
According to the instructions for this drug, there are such contraindications to its use:
– period of pregnancy;
– period of breastfeeding;
– impaired coordination of movements;
– liver failure;
– Hypersensitivity to imidazoles;
Blood diseases, including those present in history.
Mode of application
Flagyl is used intravaginally. Release form – in the form of suppositories. Use only for adults. With non–specific vaginitis, the dosage is as follows – twice a day, one suppository. The course of treatment should last one week. If necessary, oral administration of metronidazole may be associated. The sexual partner should also be treated regardless of whether he has symptoms. Treatment with Flagyl, as well as drugs that are its analogues, should not last more than ten days. Courses should be repeated no more than three times a year.
Possible adverse reactions when taken
When using Flagyl, the following adverse reactions may occur:
- from the nervous system, headache, convulsions, dizziness, impaired coordination of movements, hallucinations, depression, confusion, peripheral neuropathy, insomnia, irritability may occur;
- from the gastrointestinal tract, a decrease in appetite, a metallic taste in the mouth, dry mouth, nausea, anorexia, epigastric pain, diarrhea, pancreatitis, vomiting, stomatitis, glossitis may occur;
- from the urinary system – polyuria, urinary incontinence, cystitis, dysuria, urine can be colored brown;
- allergic reactions – fever, flushing of the skin, allergic rhinitis, fever;
- reactions that are local in nature – this is vulvitis, a burning sensation in the genital area;
- other symptoms – leukopenia, neutropenia, flattening on the electrocardiogram of tooth T.
Very often, due to side effects, Flagyl reviews are negative. In order to prevent them, it is necessary to use this drug only after consulting a doctor, very carefully you need to study the instructions for the drug.
If there is a need to use Flagyl for a long period of time, then in this case it is necessary to control hematological parameters. If leukopenia develops, then the use of this medication depends on the possible risk of an infectious process. During treatment of Trichomonas vaginitis, sexual intercourse should be avoided. Drug treatment should not be stopped during menstruation. If neurological symptoms occur, then you should immediately stop treatment with this medication. Metranidazole, which is present in the composition of Flagyl, is able to immobilize treponema, and this can cause the development of a false positive Nelson reaction.