The appearance of the product may differ from that shown.
Buy Augmentin Online
Augmentin is indicated to treat bacterial infections of lower respiratory tract, otitis media, sinusitis skin infections and urinary tract infections.
Delivery of orders over $ 200 is free!
Delivery methods may differ depending on the locality and the courier services operating in it.
Payment on the site by card or payment system.
All goods are certified.
Storage of medicines corresponds to the optimal temperature regime and the "cold chain" for thermolabile drugs
The seller guarantees the packaging of the ordered goods, which ensures its integrity and safety of proper quality and presentation.
Preparations of proper quality cannot be exchanged or returned. Poor quality drugs can be returned within 14 days.
Pack quantity: 60
Release form: Pills
Manufacturer: Pharmaceuticals Inc., Canada
What is Augmentin?
Augmentin tablets - a broad-spectrum antibacterial agent used to kill microorganisms that have developed resistance to penicillins. Has contraindications and side effects, therefore, should be applied as prescribed by a doctor.
Augmentin refers to a bactericidal and bacteriostatic broad-spectrum means.
Amoxicillin supplemented with clavulanic acid has the following effects:
- Suppresses the production of protein compounds used by bacteria to build the cell wall. The drug is effective against most gram-positive and gram-negative pathogens.
- It reduces the activity of beta-lactamase produced by pathogenic microorganisms that are not sensitive to penicillins and cephalosporins. Clavulanic acid acts on plasmid beta-lactamase, which is most often associated with the resistance of bacteria. The substance is inactive against chromosomal beta-lactamase. Clavulanic acid prevents the destruction of amoxicillin, increasing the effectiveness of antibacterial agents.
When taken orally, the active ingredients are rapidly absorbed by the intestinal walls. The drug accumulates in all tissues and biological fluids of the body. The maximum concentration of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid in the blood is reached 120-180 minutes after administration. The half-life lasts 1.5 hours.
The drug is prescribed for:
- infectious inflammatory processes in the upper respiratory tract (inflammation of the middle ear, maxillary sinuses and tonsils, sore throat and pharyngitis);
- infections of the lower respiratory system (chronic bronchitis, focal pneumonia, bronchopneumonia);
- urinary tract infections (prostatitis, inflammation of the mucous membranes of the bladder and urethra, pyelonephritis, inflammation of the uterus and appendages, gonorrhea);
- soft tissue infection with Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa;
- purulent lesions of bones and joints (osteomyelitis caused by Staphylococcus aureus);
- odontogenic infectious diseases (periodontitis, maxillary sinusitis, abscesses of the gums and larynx);
- mixed infections (postpartum infection of the blood, peritonitis).
For mild to moderate infections, adults take 250 mg 3 times a day. In severe forms of infectious diseases (including often exacerbating infections of the excretory and respiratory systems), 1000–1500 mg of Augmentin per day is indicated. The dose is recommended to be divided into 3 applications. For children under 10 years of age, the daily dose is calculated based on body weight.
The drug does not have a teratogenic effect, therefore, if there is evidence, it can be used at any gestational age.
Accepted Augmentina during lactation. In the case of a child with oral candidiasis, breastfeeding is temporarily suspended.
Augmentin for kids
Tablets prescribed for children over 6 years. Younger patients are advised to give a suspension.
Augmentin side effects
Augmentin can cause the following side effects:
- failures in the hematopoietic system (transient decrease in the number of leukocytes, platelets and neutrophils, hemolytic anemia, reduced blood clotting);
- autoimmune reactions (anaphylactic shock, systemic lesion of small vessels, serum syndrome, angioedema);
- neurological problems (dizziness, headaches, irritability, convulsive syndrome);
- gastrointestinal disorders (loose stools, nausea and vomiting, loss of appetite, epigastric pain, inflammation of the mucous membranes of the large intestine);
- darkening of the tongue and tooth enamel;
- increased activity of hepatic transaminases;
- signs of non-infectious hepatitis and obstructive jaundice;
allergic skin reactions (itchy rashes, urticaria, toxic epidermolysis, exfoliative dermatitis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome);
- fungal lesions of the mucous membranes of the mouth and genitals;
- interstitial inflammation of the kidneys, the appearance of sediment in the urine.
Augmentin is incompatible with Probenecid. The risk of allergic reactions increases when taking an antibiotic together with allopurinol. Amoxicillin slows the elimination of methotrexate from the body, which increases the risk of side effects. Augmentin reduces the effectiveness of estrogen-containing contraceptives. The combination of antibiotic with anticoagulants increases the risk of intestinal bleeding.
Drinking alcohol increases the severity of side effects. Experts do not recommend consuming alcohol during antibiotic therapy.
Prolonged use of elevated doses of Augmentin promotes inflammation and ulceration of the intestinal mucous membranes and changes in water-salt balance. Crystalluria occurs, violating the functions of the excretory system. The convulsive syndrome develops less frequently. The treatment is symptomatic and supportive. Amoxicillin from the body is removed by hemodialysis.